About Army Law College, Pune
Army Law College, Pune was established in July 2018 with a noble objective of imparting the quality legal education to the children of our brave, patriotic & selfless Army Personnel. The College is governed and managed by Army Welfare Education Society (AWES), which is non-profit organization, registered under the Societies Registration Act XXI of 1860, since 29 April 1983. The Army Law College is the second professional college to be established in Pune under AWES, after Army Institute of Technology (AIT). The location of the college is serene and ideal for educational institute. ALC is well connected by train (local station approx 1.5 KM) and road (Mumbai-Pune Highway approx. 500 metres).
Army Law College, Pune is affiliated to “Savitribai Phule Pune University” (SPPU) which has been ranked 10th in the 2019 National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF). Army Law College, Pune is approved by the Bar Council of India and the Government of Maharashtra. It offers a five-year integrated B.B.A, LL. B with a student intake of 60 seats (Exclusively for children of Army Personnel).
It has a fully residential campus, located in the midst of nature, tucked away from the hustle and bustle of Pune life. It is just 45 Kms from Pune on Old Pune-Mumbai Highway and nearest railway station Kanhe is just 1.5 Kms. It takes about 10 minutes to travel to the nearest Taluka Court, 1 hour to the Pune District Court and 2 hours to Bombay High Court by Road.
The college is located near the Automobile Manufacturing Hub at Chakan-Talegaon and Pimpri-Chinchwad belt. It is advantageous for effectively teaching Management Subjects of B.B.A by way of developing linkages with manufacturing companies for industrial visits, internships and inviting industry-experts for training the students.
Dr.Prem Daryanani, Managing Trustee of Radha Kaliandas Daryanani Charitable Trust, has donated six acres of land and 12 buildings at Kanheto the Indian Army for the Army Law College (ALC) that is being developed in a phased manner since July 2017. A foundation stone for the commencement of Phase-II infrastructure development of Army Law College was laid by Lieutenant General SK Saini General Officer Commanding-in-Chief, Southern Command in Pune on 9th September, 2019. The new Hostels with modern amenities are existing on the campus for 100% Students. New Academic Block & Auditorium with 500 seating capacity are likely to be available in 2021-22.
- “To create employable, practice-ready and ethical lawyers equipped with knowledge, skills, values and global competence”
- Impart world-class quality legal education, especially, to the children of our brave, patriotic & selfless Army Personnel.
- Inculcate universal humanitarian values in our budding lawyers to make them responsible global citizens and sentinels of justice, equality & fraternity.
- Create unique law professionals who will be inclined to serve the motherland & the humanity by strengthening the justice delivery system and protecting the civil liberties of fellow citizens.
- Enable our students to face the paradoxical challenges posed by globalization & reverse globalization, rapid industrialization & environmental degradation, digital revolution & privacy issues, technological revolution & unemployment, large scale inter-country migration & Geo-political conflicts, intellectual property & community interests and evolving medical science & ethical dilemmas.
Pune is a cosmopolitancity. Pune is the cultural capital of the Maharashtra; It is an excellent example for the blending of the culture & heritage with modernisation.
It has been as the ranked number one city in India in the ease of living index. Pune is also known as the “Oxford of the East” for its well-known educational & research institutions. It has over a hundred educational institutes and more than nine Universities apart from the Savitribai Phule Pune University (SPPU was formerly known as University of Pune), which is the second largest University in the country based on total number of affiliated colleges.
Higher education institutes attract international students mainly from the Middle Eastern countries such as Iran, and United Arab Emirates, and also African countries such as Ethiopia and Kenya. There are a significant number of automobile companies and auxiliary industries, besides being a major automobile manufacturing hub of Asia, Puneis also a major hub for Information Technology, biotechnology, chemical and pharma and manufacturing sector. The beautiful and green city of Pune has the offices of most of the big IT companies in India and still growing and turns to be the first choice for software companies and Office Commercial Space. The weather in Pune is salubrious with pleasant summer and cool winter.